For this week’s Wednesdays with Wodline I wanted to share a FEW essentials to include in your non-profit organization’s business plan.
NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION
- Mission Statement
- About the Founder(s)
- Why is your non-profit organization needed?
Tip: Include facts and statistics
- What makes your non-profit organization unique?
SERVICES AND PROGRAMS
- Detailed description of the EACH service and/or program your organization will provide
Tip: If there are fees associated with the services or programs, be sure to include them.
- Detailed description of your organization's target market
- Demographics of your organization’s target market
- Detailed description of your marketing strategy (i.e. website, social media, advertising, brochures, etc.)
- Detailed description of where, when, and how your organization will operate
MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION
- Detailed description of how your organization will be managed (i.e. Executive Director, Board, etc.)
- Detailed description of the role, responsibilities, and qualifications of your Board
Note: This information can be taken from your organization’s Bylaws
- Detailed description of the role, responsibilities, qualifications, and salary of your organization’s staff and volunteers
- Detailed 5-year financial plan including all of your projected expenses and revenues
I hope these few essentials will help you prepare to start your non-profit organization.
Happy Business Planning!